Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hello 2012!

Hey everyone! Am I a bad blogger or what? hehe Not on purpose, I am just crazy busy! Between home, school, and wedding planning, the end of 2011 came and went very quickly for us. So anywho, it's time that I do a bit of an update...

I pretty much said earlier all that I have been up to- school and wedding planning. As of today, I am 114 days away from being a MIZZOU graduate! I am so proud to be Tiger and definitely can't wait to have that diploma in my hand. It feels so good to know that the end is near and soon I can be doing what I love and actually get paid for it. Imagine that! :) Right now for school I am back in clinicals after a 2 week break for Christmas and am loving just as much as before. Sometimes I don't feel like getting up to go just because I am so tired of being the student, ya know? You can be a wonderful sonographer but until you're actually an employee there is always some doubt there. Which of course is completely understandable. I just can't wait to know how to do every scan and be confident in myself and most importantly, GET A JOB!!! Right now I know how to scan babies, pelvis', abdomens, thryoids, and the rest of general ultrasound. The next on the list and what I will be learning this semester is everything vascular. So carotids, arteries in the arms and legs, then the same for veins. Sounds super boring but I am actually looking forward to it. I feel pretty lucky to have found a job that I actually enjoy :)




As far as the wedding goes, planning is going pretty smoothly. We have had a few road bumps along the way but things have been figured out since then. Right now we are getting ready to start picking out songs to be sung during the wedding, what type of programs we are going to use, and what kind of table numbers we are going to do. Next Saturday we are also finally going to put our wedding invitations together. We do have sometime before the actually get sent out but I would rather have them put together and in their envelopes so they can get messed up. Better to get something on the envelope which will probably get messed up in the mail anyway, than on the actual invitation. One thing I am super bummed about is that we do not have enough invitations. Our invitation list just keeps growing!!! So, unfortunately we are going to have to do two different types of invitations. To order just a few of the same invitations we have now would be extremely expensive so we will be making some at home. No worries though, I am making sure they almost look exact! Its the same with everything, usually the more you buy, the cheaper it is.

We have also planned my bachelorette party after some difficulties but I am happy to say that I can't wait! Unfortunately we had to do it the weekend right before the wedding. YIKES! That is the one weekend that I didn't want to have to do it, but oh well. I would rather do it then than not have all my girls there! 149 days until the party and 156 DAYS UNTIL THE WEDDING!!! <3

Since I last posted a blog we took our engagement pictures and have gotten them back so I will leave you with some of my favorites. Thank you Emily Southerland!

Toodles!





No comments:

Post a Comment