Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Girls

Driving home from school today I was listening to my wedding playlist on my iPod and randomly my eyes started filling with tears. I feel like the closer the wedding gets, the more I have these random moments of tears! And for no apparent reason! So today I was listening to the song Colin and I chose for our first dance and began to thing about our wedding party. Now, I have kinda been given a lot of trouble about the number of bridesmaids I have but ya know what? Who cares? I chose each and every one of them for a very special reason and couldn't imagine not having their support on our big day! So without further a due....

Morgan- my soon to be sister in law, even though I already call her my sister. She is Colin's little sister and over the past 3 years we have gotten pretty close. We hang out without Colin around and I can talk to her about things that I may not be able to talk to others about. It means a lot to me and Colin to know that she will be with us.

Lauren- Lauren is so great at making me laugh. She was one of the first friends that I met through Colin and the conversations that her and her husband have with me and Colin are some of the most laugh until your belly is killing you conversations. We have such a great time with them and have been talking about our wedding to them for almost as long as know them. I can't believe it is almost here!

Kelsay Ray- Colin used to always talk about and be so excited when he heard when "Dallas and Kelsay were coming home!!!" Dallas is Kelsay's husband and one of Colin's very best friends. So naturally I was pretty curious to figure out who these people were that Colin cared for so much. Well needless to say, they rubbed off on me too :) I would say that Colin and I have the most in common with them when it comes to the type of relationship we have and we couldn't ask for better friends. Kelsay is a wonderful person to go to for real advice and for an honest opinion. We spend lots of time with them and I hope they are our great friends for YEARS AND YEARS to come!!

Taryn- Without Taryn, I would have never met Colin and for that I will always be eternally grateful. She is the sweetest and most kind hearted person you will probably ever meet. Taryn's husband, Dustin, is also one of Colin's best friends and one of the best men for our wedding so it goes without saying how much they mean to us. Taryn is the girl that if something is going on in your life and you need someone just to say a short prayer for you that day, she will without a doubt do it. No questions asked. Without her not only would I have not met Colin but we also wouldn't have been able to find our church that we now call home. We have so much to be thankful for to Dustin and Taryn and asking them to be part of our day could only show a small piece of that gratitude.

Caitlin- my baby sister!! How could I not have her with me?! I still remember when she was a teeny tiny baby brand new home from the hospital. I love her with all my heart and am so happy to have her as a bridesmaid.

Nicole- She is my sister in law and married to my big brother. I honestly can say that I don't think my brother could have picked anyone better! She makes me laugh, she sticks up for me just like a big sister would, but also tells me when I'm wrong- just like a big sister would lol She is great to go to for advice and always the first one to remind me- "It is YOUR wedding. Do what makes YOU happy, not everyone else". Nicole is such a wonderful person that I could never imagine my life without her.


Emily- EMMY! My very best friend and practically sister for almost 10 years. We danced together, went to school together, got our drivers license together, drove our moms crazy together, went to college together and went through a lot of really hard times together. She makes me laugh like crazy at the drop of the hat and is always willing to give words of advice when needed. I could not imagine a better maid of honor to stand next to me on the day of my wedding and could never ask for a better best friend than her!

So there you have it, my girls. My gals for what will be one of the biggest days of my life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

On the wedding front, were in the process of trying to figure out programs. Our original lady kind of deserted us so I finally found a lady in St. Louis that seems to be absolutely marvelous. On Saturday were going to go register and then Sunday were going to go meet Toni (http://www.paperkeet.com) and then head to Busch Stadium for the Bridal show. It proves to be a very exciting, wedding planning filled weekend!!

School is going great but also very slow. I am signing up to take my next registry which means the all nights and nervous break downs begin now. I can't wait to have all these dang tests over with. At $200 a pop they are not fun to study for nor pay for. 1 down, 4 to go.

Well thats all for now. This coming week Colin and I will have been together for 3 years. Crazy how time flies! And only 135 days to go :)

Hugs,
Nelle

Our first photo together <3
For more wedding info- www.mywedding.com/colindanielle

No comments:

Post a Comment