Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A day in the life of The Campbell's...

Today was a pretty typical day for us. We both got up early and headed out on our days. He was off to play golf with a bunch of guys from work and then have a meeting with an insurance agency here in town. I was on my way to Columbia to spend the day with my niece and nephew. All in all we had a wonderful day.

Well, anyone who knows us or has watched/listened to our wedding video or was there when we read our letters to one another would know that my favorite thing about Colin is his ability to make me laugh and his favorite thing about me is my laugh. I'd say that worked out pretty well for us :) Well, tonight I was definitely laughing. A lot. To the point of tears and no breathing. The kinda where you feel like you just did 1000 sit ups.

It's pretty safe to say that there are 3 letters that describe me the best- OCD. I like things neat, tidy, organized. Everything has their place and if not, it drives me absolutely bonkers. So when I got home tonight, my hubby had dinner ready then we went to cleaning the house. I'd say we at least "pick up" every other night. Tonight was a little more in depth. Cleaning the sheets, vacuuming the floors, using the steam mop on the bathroom floor, cleaning the bathroom floor (I make him clean the toilet :), and cleaning the kitchen. So by the end of it all our backs were killing us, we were hot and all we wanted to do was to take showers and go to bed. One problem. No hot water. Per his allergen specialist, I was sheets and towels in hot water. That along with the dishwasher being ran and us washing the dishes at dinner that need to be hand washed there was not a drop of hot water left. I did not know this until I decided to just jump right in the shower. Needless to say, I jumped right back out. Rather quickly. Knowing it would be 2+ hours before we would have actual warm water we decided to suffer through it. OH. MY. GOD! It is a horrible awful thing to have to do. I did what I had to do, threw clothes on in an attempt to get decently warm, and yelled for Colin that it was his turn. You would have thought the water was murdering him and chopping him into pieces. I had no idea the screeches and yelling that could come out of his mouth until tonight when he had to take an ice cold shower. This is the point where the pee your pants your laughing so hard comes in. I could hear him all the way across the house! Oh lordy it was funny. So I guess the moral of this story is, I love my husband. He can take the worst situation and still make me laugh. Of course ice cold showers really isn't a horrible situation it still isn't one I care to be in that often. I'm so lucky to have found Colin and don't know how I was ever able to.

On a different note, here is the link to the sneak peek of our wedding video. I think its pretty awesome :) I can't wait to get the full version next week!

http://vimeo.com/45518602

Hugs,
Mrs. Campbell :)



No comments:

Post a Comment