Monday, July 23, 2012

My favorite things about our wedding day..

It has now been 1 MONTH! since our wedding day. It seems so incredibly hard to believe! The more I look at pictures and the more I hear about our day, the more sad it makes me that it is already over. We waited so long for it to be here and then it was over. So, here is a list of my favorite things from our wedding weekend :)

1. After our rehearsal dinner, we had some errands to run. Drop back by the church, pick up Taryn, stop by the hall, go to Walmart and at some point, go home and get some sleep. Well, the hall took a little longer than expected so while my mom worked there I took the rest of the girls to Walmart to get what they needed. On the way back to the hall to pick up my mom, I GOT PULLED OVER!!! Are you kidding me? The very first time I get pulled over is the night before my wedding? Thankfully, it was only for a break light being out and the officer was extremely nice. I luckily did not get a ticket :)

2. Colin and I have a queen size bed. Nothing huge but decent. Just big enough for us and even sometimes it feels a little small. Well the night before the wedding, me, some of the girls, and my mom stayed at our house while Colin stayed with a friend. Sleeping in our bed was me, Emily (my MOH), and Taryn (bridesmaid). I have never been so thankful just to have me and Colin the next night. lol It was a tight squeeze and led to many laughs but I'm glad they were there with me.

3. Also that night, Taryn calmly asked me, "Danielle, what time is it?". I clicked the bottom on my phone and it read 1:03am. She then said, "You're getting married in 12 hours." I think that is when it finally clicked. It meant so much to me to hear those words from her and to have me wedding day start with the two of them.

4. After getting out hair done, we drove to the church. From where we were, it took about 15-20 minutes. As we are pulling off the highway on to the exit that the church is off of, Our first dance came on the radio. The whole way I was so nervous and I felt like a flipped through the stations a hundreds time and nothing. Then our song came on and it was like, ok. I'm ready for this. It was a sweet moment and I knew then (and of course many many months before) that marrying Colin was meant to happen for me and that day would start the beginning of the rest of my life.

5. Reading our letters to one another. We chose not to see one another before the wedding but we did want to exchange letters. We even chose to read them out loud before a petition. It was the sweetest moment of the day and one I will never forget.

6. My brother paying Colin $20 to "make it worth his while". As in smashing cake in my face. And that Colin did. lol


Well those are the ones I can think of at the moment. Hard to believe it has already been one month. But one of the greatest of my entire life. Until next time..

Love,
Danielle Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment